Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Picked Up A Shift and Met With the Manager

Sooooooooooooo much to write about.

I picked up a shift for the first time yesterday. When you pick up a shift, it's generally in a different location. I think the point (and the reason they mostly just let College Program kids do it) is so you can meet new people and network more. Well I don't know about that, but I LOVED it!

I picked up a shift in strollers at the front of EPCOT so I wasn't very far away (maybe another time a shift will be available in a different park!). I was right beside the golf ball and it was so cool to look up every five minutes and see the typical "metro going by the golf ball" scene that so many think of when they think of EPCOT.

I started my shift just by collecting the strollers as people returned them(cleaning/disinfecting them, putting them away, etc.) as well as giving them to people as they came. Oh, and when I say "strollers" I mean wheelchairs too. Just we rented more strollers.

I had these two identical twin boys come (4 years old, so stinkin' cute!) and I played with them while they waited for dad to finish paying. It's funny just what little silly things can entertain a little kid, and then in turn entertain adults. Haha.

At the end of the night we had to walk around the empty park (with the water show going and lights in sidewalks) and look for strollers. It was awesome! The people there were really nice and fun to talk to as well.

Jean (my Chinese friend) asked me about more words today. She asked me what a "fighting machine" was. When I explained it means you're really tough she asked me what tough meant. Later, she asked me what "trick" meant. I tried to explain it to her but was having trouble. So I told her to give me a high five and then I moved my hand at the last second and said, "Haha, I tricked you!" I still don't think she got the meaning of trick-or-treat but hopefully it helped a little.

I read about the new plans for Magic Kingdom. It's gonna be AWESOME!!! Way bigger, more rides, and pretty much just incredibleness all around.

In other housing news our management here is possibly the best I've ever seen. We have a clean check this coming Friday and if we're super clean they buy our apartment treats! If we're too dirty they charge us each $20 and take pictures of the mess and not only post those pictures in the clubhouse (which is super embarrassing to look at by the way) but they said they send those pictures to future employers as well! I'm pretty sure we'll end up as one of those apartments who is just in between and doesn't get anything special or negative but hey. We'll see.

Maintenance is amazing too, though. When we report a problem (like our food grinder thing broke) they have someone over that same day within a few hours to fix it! Incredible.

Anyway, I've got stuff to do, places to be... ya know. But I'll try and post pictures here pretty soon!

1 comment:

dubby said...

We will be seeing you in just a coupla days!