Wednesday, September 9, 2009

What To Do In EPCOT For A Day

I never enjoy the part of a new job when I'm the stupid new kid who doesn't know anything, always asks questions, and makes gazillions of mistakes.

Fortunately, it makes me feel better to have my whine sessions at night with friends who make mistakes just like I do. But still....

I still don't know exactly how to close. They do registers completely differently than the bookstore did. And by "completely differently" I mean they don't even count money the same way. It's easier, as long as I can figure it out. It's easy work, but you have to remember every single step. And I'm pretty sure it's because my dad teaches accounting that I've learned to obsess over money and having something be off by a few dollars. Or cents.

I also make other mistakes though. If someone stays in a Disney Resort, we can send their merchandise that they buy to their resort free of charge. In order to do that, we have them fill out a green form and then plug it into the computer at the end of the transaction BEFORE THEY PAY and then keep their stuff in a back and put it in the back. (Okay so it's slightly more complicated than that, but you get the idea.) Well, I always seem to forget to plug it into the computer BEFORE they pay. It's no big deal, I just have to go back and do a resale and waste about three minutes of their time. I usually pretend like that's how it's supposed to go and most (or actually all so far) people don't really even notice or get upset or anything. But still, it's annoying to me and I feel stupid.

Then when we sort receipts at the end of the night I always forget which receipt goes in which pile and where each pile is supposed to go.

Just stupid stuff like that. People are very patient with me, but I still don't like being the stupid one. Hopefully it'll change soon. I'm slowly getting the hang of it. Very. Very. Slowly.

On the brighter side of things I spent all day yesterday in EPCOT. And by ALL DAY I mean open to close. I woke up a little after 7 so Heather and I could get there right when it opened. And we did. So here's how I would recommend spending the day in EPCOT. Cuz we did it. And it worked. :)

We got into the park right when it was opening. We headed straight for Soarin' which is the most popular ride of the park. We were just going to get fastpasses (the line is usually 60-90 minutes long and fastpasses go quickly) but seeing that the line was actually only 5 minutes, we decided to walk on. And we did. And it was AMAZING!

Then we got fastpasses anyway for later, and headed to Spaceship Earth. The golf ball. It's not an insanely cool ride, but you just have to do it if you're in EPCOT. On our way to Spaceship Earth we were stopped as we walked through Innoventions and decided to play this piggy game about saving money. It was for little kids, but was fun, cute, and hilarious too.

So we rode Spaceship Earth after piggys and then went back to Soarin' to use our fastpasses. After our second round of Soarin' the International showcase had opened (it opens at 11) so we went ahead and went their. We bought our own little passport books and stopped at the kidcot station in each country so we could get our stamps. It was amazing. We stopped in China to eat.

The World Showcase took a few hours to complete but afterward we decided to do the other two amazing rides in EPCOT. We went to Test Track for fastpasses (you can only get a fastpass every two hours) and while we were waiting for the designated time to come back we went on Mission: Space.

Mission: Space is a very cool looking building and is built purposefully so that when a shuttle (like the one last week) take off from the space station you can stand in front of Mission: Space and watch it take off as if it's leaving from the building. Okay, so hard to describe, but just trust me. It's cool!

We rode Mission: Space which gives me motion sickness and spins you around in circles at 36 mph so you can feel your face pulling back, and then went to Test Track. Test Track is the fastest ride on property and is pretty fun.

After that we went in Mouse Gear which is the biggest store in EPCOT and looked around. Then we watched Chip and Dale play and sign autograph for a while. And then it was finally time for me to go to work. I had to be at work at 4:30. At 4 I went on up and got changed. I was kind of gross and sweaty from hanging out outside all day, but it wasn't too bad.

I worked until 10:30. I have the same shift today. Not bad. Today I would be playing too but my friends are going to the water parks and I don't think I could get home, dry, dressed, and back quick enough to make it worthwhile. So I'm takin' it easy, sleeping in, cleaning, eating and otherwise getting caught up on my life.

2 comments:

dubby said...

tee hee Glad you are having fun. Living in Disney, I still can't get over it.

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Cool. My favorite place to eat is the Swedish Smorgasbord. The Chinese movie is awesome, and so is the Canada movie. Have you ridden the demonstrator Segway's yet?