Tuesday, April 27, 2010

I LOVE My Roommates!

My roommate's been having pain in her stomach for a couple of days. We've been working on making her go to the hospital. A few days ago, I was cooking in the kitchen and my other roommate Kiara was on the couch. We suddenly heard a loud "Aaaahhhh! Nooooooooooooo!!! Uuuugh!" general pain-ish sound coming from her room. Immediately Kiara and I were at the door. I knocked and called through, "Daisy, are you okay? Do you need to go to the hospital?"

Silence. Then, just as I reached for the door handle to go in, Daisy came out laughing. "I'm sorry guys, I'm just on the phone with my mom and she just told this boy back home that I like him! Ugh, I'm so mad at her!" I don't actually know the whole story but really, that wasn't fair. We had freaked out for nothing. I guess it's okay, adrenaline is fun sometimes! Oh, and she's feeling much better now. No worries! :)

I LOVE my roommates. We all get along so well. There hasn't even been the slightest annoyance (that I know of... maybe they do all hate me!) from any of us all semester. We went to the store Friday night and bought a bunch of toys. Baseball and bat, glove, bow and arrow, frisbee... all found in the kiddie section of course because we wouldn't have been able to afford it otherwise.

Then we came home and played. We drew a target on our window in the front room. The arrows are like suction cups so we try to practice our aim with our little $4 bow.

We had FHE last night. We found out our group at 6 and FHE is supposed to be at 7. Our apartment alone planned it all. I'm so proud of us! Daisy prepared the lesson. We all cleaned the apartment super fast and then Kiara drove us to Broulim's so we could get snack (chips and salsa!). We ran over to the other apartments and told them where we were meeting and when and it ended up going very well. Especially when we let them all have a try with the bow and arrow!

We tried to play baseball in the house too. But Daisy hit the ball into my face. So we stopped. Ahhh, the joy of no parents!

I went to the Dean of the Communications dept. today. She's awesome! She was super friendly and told me that I could absolutely get credit for the Disney CP, and was excited when I mentioned I wanted to be a campus rep possibly next year. She said all I have to do is write something about what I learned. She said she didn't care how long it was or exactly what I wrote or what format because it would be primarily for me. Basically, I'm gonna get credit no matter what, I just have to have at least some hard document showing that I learned something. I no longer have to worry about that.

I also finally got my Astronomy assignment figured out after hours and hours of hard work. And then found out that I found and plotted stars for June 6 instead of June 13 by accident because I counted wrong. Fortunately I went and talked to the teacher (you know how hard that is for me, two in one day even!) and he said it was fine... thank GOODNESS! He actually laughed at me though because seriously, if he said no that would have been hours of work down the drain.

Kay so this turned out longer than I expected (as is usual) so I'll stop here.

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

I thought you'd already taken astronomy. -?- Make the internship essay a good one, don't scrimp or blow it off: accreditation teams and academic program review teams love to nitpick about credit given for internships, study abroad trips, etc. and you don't want YOURS to be the one they hold up as an example as to why credit should be disallowed for those programs. Keep up the good atmosphere in the roommate situation... friends like that can be priceless. Don't let boys handle the bows and arrows unless you want something broken, busted, ruined, smashed, demolished, chipped, cut, cracked, nicked, stained, ripped, torn, bent, scratched, etc. etc. or all of the above.