Friday, April 30, 2010

Random Stuff You Probably Don't Care About

Things I bet you didn't know about me... and you probably never wanted to:

1. I hate closed shower curtains. If I'm at somebody's house and I use they're bathroom and their shower curtains are closed, I will always either check behind them or open them while I do my business. Once or twice I've forced myself not to because deep down I know there's no creepy raper guy with a knife back there... I just have to check. It comes from my childhood anxiety years I guess. My roommate this semester keeps them closed all the time and it drives me nuts.

2. I went to a gas station at 11pm last night sporting a hoodie, checkered PJ pants, white sequin flip flops and lime juice on my face. My roommate assured me that I "just looked like a typical college student."

3. Sometimes when I'm really really tired as I'm walking home from class, I'll start walking with my eyes closed. I'll see how long I can make it until I'm too scared to walk anymore because I might walk into something. I've never walked into anything, somehow.

4. I've now had four roommates in a row tell me I whimper and whine in my sleep. I've been trying to figure out why for a long time now. I finally decided I think it's because in the morning I just really really don't want to get out of bed or wake up so I whimper just at the thought of it. This is just my guess since apparently I do it most in the morning. I apologized but my roommate said it's only annoying when it's 6am.

3 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

You need to see the shower scene in Alfred Hitchcock's movie "Psycho". Do a google search on "Hitchcock Shower Scene" and watch one of the most famous scenes ever put in a movie. (The movie won four academy awards, and that shower scene is one of the most widely-watched clips, even more popular than Scar saying "I'm surrounded by..."

Obliviocelot said...

I always check behind closed shower curtains too. I hate the idea of someone hiding behind there, even if they're not crazy psychos and they just plan on standing there and listening to me pee. I can't say much about two and three, but I've also had roommates tell me I whimper in my sleep. One roommate said I also occasionally purr. O.o

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Mom calls it snoring. I like the word whimpering better.