Friday, August 20, 2010

Taking a Break

Yeah, in case I haven't made up for my severe lack of posts lately by posting like five posts in one day, here's a final one for ya!

I just thought I'd update about my life here in Disney so far a bit more before I get back to documenting the cruise.

I checked in two days ago. But it feels like I've been here for weeks! Although to be honest I haven't made it to the parks yet! I know, I know. I live ten minutes away, I've been on property no less than five different times, and yet still haven't found time to get into the parks.

The truth is that yesterday I had some friends invite me to Typhoon Lagoon (water park) but I couldn't go because my sunburn hasn't healed yet. I don't really like the idea of having a burn on top of a burn...

Today more friends were going to Blizzard Beach but again, I didn't go because of the sunburn. And also because of my poor roommate's crisis.

Yep, my roommate, who is from Hong Kong, has to go home tomorrow morning. She couldn't get the school to fill out the right paperwork and so is being booted out. Since she couldn't get into the parks, I didn't go either so she wouldn't be stuck home alone. We went to Downtown Disney for a while last night (with some other friends too) and then today we went to look at the castle from right outside the Magic Kingdom. We took the ferry across the water. I feel bad that she's leaving, but she's been really optimistic about the whole thing.

Oh, and speaking of Magic Kingdom....

That's where I'm working!!!! I will officially be working Main Entrance Ops and Parade Control in the Magic Kingdom!!


Despite the fact that I spent all semester last year building up a hatred of the park, I think I'm really gonna like it. :)

Anyway, tomorrow the plan is to see off my roommate and then, finally play in the parks with some friends I've made. And I may be moving soon since I'm now the only one left in the apartment. But I guess we'll just see what happens with that...

No comments: