Monday, May 3, 2010

Today Is The Day

I have to give a presentation in my persuasion class today. This is one of those assignments that I totally dread and don't want to do and procrastinate it to the last possible second and then when it's over I feel like a gigantic weight has been lifted off of me.

The presentation is about this TV show "Intervention" where they film people who are drug addicts. Unfortunately it's a partner project and when we began the project I was totally comfortable with everything and my stance and our question and all. But then she decided to change it and complete her outline in a totally different way than I did. It basically forced my stance to be, "I believe doing, and encouraging others to do, recreational drugs is perfectly ethical." Which, obviously, I totally do not believe at all. I was able to convince her that I didn't want to stand in front of the class and act like I actually believed this. So we changed it to a slightly better question, but one that I still disagree with the stance I'm being forced to take.

My friend took this same class from the same teacher though and said she's not a super hard grader. I'm sure I'll be fine. My partner's not freaking out, but then again she doesn't have to stand in front of the class and be the "bad guy." I wish we'd have chosen a different question. Too bad I'm a pushover. Blech!

No comments: