Monday, May 24, 2010

I Think I'm That Kid Everybody Hates

I have a class this semester that I don't like. It just annoys me and I disagree with some of the stuff we have to learn. I haven't read the book all semester. Well, no I tried to read the book but it annoyed me.

We had our first test last week. I hardly studied because I'd get frustrated with the material. The teacher gave us this diagram in class and said, "Memorize this. It'll be on the test." So I memorized it but didn't care what it meant or why all the arrows pointed in the directions they went.

I went to take the test and obviously knew almost nothing about what was on it. To make things worse it was all short answer. Only two of the questions were multiple choice. It asked about some theories that I remembered hearing about but didn't remember much of what they were. I faked almost all my answers.

The final question asked about Jonathon Turner's Theory. Who the heck was Turner? I had no clue. I stared at the question trying to at least come up with a funny or witty answer. Nothing.

So just as I began to write "I have no clue who this dude is. Sorry." I happened to look down at the diagram I had to memorize. And there was Turner's name. His theory was that chart thing. So I quickly scribbled out "I have no clue" (I was using pen because my pencils are all broken) and made up an answer with that.

We got our test scores back today. I got that question right. Also, I got a 94% with "Excellent job!" written across the top in red ink. At first, I thought he just curved the grades. A lot. But the class average was 84% and the lowest score was a 40%.

How does that even happen!?

No comments: