Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Joys of a Fake Mini Kitchen!

I get burns a lot. Seriously, when I'm at college I can pretty much always guarantee I have at least one burn on my hand. This has only been for the past few months, however. Ever since I learned that my pan fits in the oven. None of my roommates, nor myself, have cookie sheets or really any oven-safe anything. Except for my pans that can double as working in the oven. So I use those to make the things I cook in the oven.

Well, last night I wanted to bake cookies in the oven. I was super careful and used a cloth to take it out (we don't have oven mitts or hot pads either, so we just use dish towels... but we have to be careful cuz if the dish towel touches the bottom of the oven it starts a fire.... don't ask how we figured that one out). Anyway, I took it out and put it on the stove. Well, the dishwasher was running with our only spatula in it, so I was trying to get my cookies out with a butter knife. This doesn't work very well.

So I decided to grab the handle of the pan and flip the whole thing upside down. My reflexes apparently decided to work super slow though. I had grabbed the pan and even picked it up when my hand decided that was not going to happen and I dropped the pan with a loud clatter.

No worries, the cookies were safe! But my hand? Well yeah, it feels kinda funny. Actually it doesn't. Cuz you see, it doesn't really feel at all anymore. Despite my running it under cold water for like ten minutes. It just sort of tingles. It's funny to use this computer because as I move around with the mouse I can't really feel that my pointer finger is moving it, but I see the mouse moving. Weird.

Okay so really it's not that bad. But typically when I get a burn it's pretty small. This one covers literally my whole entire hand. It doesn't hurt though, so I'm sure it'll be fine. :)

I can't wait to own my own house with a big kitchen and a dishwasher that works and real dishes and a real nice mixer and plenty of plates and serving bowls and spatulas and can openers and strainers and cookie sheets and cake pans and pie pans and and and.... well yeah.

No comments: