Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Bitter Sweet

As happy as I am to finally be done with Spanish for the rest of my life, and as delighted that I feel that I'm almost finally a Senior and ready to go home and enjoy more adventures, I have to say I'm a little sad too.

With my gift card I decided to go out to eat with my friend Ashley one more time. She's one of my best friends that I've made since being up here and even though we weren't even in the same ward this year, I feel like we hung out more than I did with some roommates even.

We went to Taco Time (surprise surprise) and sat and talked for the longest time. I'm really going to miss her a lot. She graduates Friday and then goes off to grad school at Gonzaga University or something like that. A month from now she'll be in Washington and I'll be in Florida.

I'm gonna miss my roommates too. We're never gonna get to be roommates again for various reasons. I've had such a fantastic semester with them. We've had so much fun and I've made so many friends. I just wish all my friends could just be graduating at the same time as me so that the whole, sad "I'm gonna miss you." thing only happens once with a ton of people instead of being spread through practically every single semester.

Ah well. I'll just keep moving on. I get to go home and visit friends and family I miss there. I'll get to be in better weather and have much more freedom. I can't even wait!

And did I mention I'm done with Spanish forever!?

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

For future reference:

If a book is current, meaning that the present edition is the latest one out and a new edition is not expected for at least six months, then I can often get mucho moola from independent book buyers who come to my office 3-4 times per semester looking for desk copies.

I normally don't sell my desk copies that publishers provide me, but the book buyers stop by anyway. Often, a current book will fetch between 30 and 50 dollars if hardbound, and 10-20 for paperbacks. Once the revision (new edition) is out, however, they won't even give you a dollar.