Sunday, November 6, 2011

Daylight Savings Time

America is weird.  Sometimes I feel like we are the only country who does Daylight Savings Time.  (Are we?  I actually don't know..)

Anyway.  I worked the Fastpass position today where I check the fastpasses to get on the rides.  All the foreign people kept coming an hour early and I had to keep explaining to them they needed to wait an hour.  And some even got mad, and pull out their watch which clearly stated that the time was "correct."  Then I had to remind them about daylight savings.  Some laughed as they remembered America is weird.  Others completely didn't get it.  Some just shrugged and left.  It was one of the funniest situations, and the most odd I've ever dealt with.  Really.  It never occurred to me that switching an hour back or forwards would be weird... but it is, I guess.

In light of Daylight Savings, though, our ride is officially closing at 4:45 for the rest of the month, regardless of what time the park closes.  This is good, because it means I'm off by 5:30 pretty much every single day.  It's also bad though.  Because 4:45 is a super weird time to be closing just one ride in a park that normally closes at 5 or 6 (closing times depends on the day... Disney is weird like that).

So I've been reminding people at the end of my safari if I have time.  "If you all enjoyed what you saw today, you're welcome to come back and join us again with Kilimanjaro Safaris!  We'd love to have you!  However, keep in mind that we will be closing at 4:45 tonight, so be sure to come back before then.  Thanks again for all your help catching those poachers!"

Have a hakuna matata day!  Remember, no hurries and no worries! (I don't actually use that one, but a lot of people I work with do)

No comments: