Thursday, November 3, 2011

Rearview Mirrors

One of the greatest feelings ever is when I'm driving around in circles and I look up in my rearview mirror to see every single one of my guests with a giant grin on their faces.  Because I'm their driver!  I feel like I've created a Disney-worthy ride experience that people actually like!  (even though I totally didn't create this ride... someone else did and they told me what to say and how to drive... but still!  I can pull it off!)

I love it during poachers scene, when I'm speeding around turns.  That's the main spot where everyone is smiling.  I normally need to keep my eyes on the road at that point a little more than usual, but I love glancing up in the mirror... especially when there's an elderly couple in the front seat or a family I wouldn't normally think would know what's going on.  And they're just grinning away or laughing.  The elderly couple is fully aware that I'm being silly, asking where the heck I am... sometimes a little kid will answer.  I'll say, "Watch out for those geysers!  Aww, man!  Where are we?"  and a little kids voice will come out from the back, "I know where we are!  We're in Disney!"  or my favorite is when they say, "Oh!  We're in Africa!"  But you don't have to know what's going on to enjoy my ride.  It's just fun.  I love Disney!

The funny thing is, though... I was driving around some friends the other day and they were sitting in the back seat.  I kept wanting to tilt down my rearview mirror so I could see the people sitting in my back seat.  I didn't care about those cars behind me, I just wanted to see my "guests" and make sure they were seated and having fun!

I think that'll take me a bit to get over.

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

One day you may have little ones in carseats in the backseat. You will get to see them in your mirror a lot. And you'll learn that it's harder than it looks to swat something by looking in a mirror.