Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ten Foot Hault

Our location is doing the DAK PAC Olympics.  Yeah, I think I wrote about it on here before.  Today was the "Ten Foot Hault" event.  Before we took our trucks out to the ride path, we had to see who could get their truck's bumper closest to ten feet away from Tweezly, our giant plastic pet zebra.  (yes, I'm being serious, this really is a true story)  The reason is that out on the ride path when there's an animal in the road we're supposed to stop ten feet away from it.  Well, I completely failed at that event.  I was more than fifteen feet away.  Completely embarrassing.  I'm just hoping someone is as horrible at depth perception as I am.  In my defense, when I'm actually out on the ride path, I creep up a lot closer to the animals (depending on the animal and what's going on around us).  I don't actually stop that far away.  I just didn't want to get into trouble for scaring animals so I tried to stay in the safe zone.  Which really was a bad idea, because the people I work with are extremely chill and people don't really get mad at each other.  We get enough angry guests to spread around enough anger for everyone.

Anyway, in other news this has been altogether a completely and totally awesome week.  I was accepted to two PIs.  I accepted the one I wanted more and in doing so have learned tons about the company.  Found numerous friends who wanted me to stay with them, and actually found one perfect apartment to live in starting in January with a perfect location and even better price!  I stayed up late one night and watched the midnight showing of a movie that just came out (and proceeded to make it through the next day on only three hours of sleep).

Went to the Ft. Wilderness Campfire thing last night with friends from work (not smart to play football with a bunch of guys twice my size who also happen to be made of steel), ate S'mores and talked to my boss's wife who happens to have worked in both Professional Internships I was just accepted to.  Networked with her, and learned a lot about those jobs and what I'll be doing.  Ended up with way too little sleep and went home early today, but today's still been awesome.  I'm reeeeeally sore from the games we played (I basically ran right into a guy's leg and smashed my face in... found my glasses sitting on the ground five feet away thankfully still in one piece!) and super tired from the lack of sleep lately, but it's been worth it.  On top of all of that I even got two GSF cards today! (really good compliments from guests that go on my record card and say I'm a good person basically)

Definitely so incredibly lucky, and so incredibly happy!  What an awesome life.

Did I mention I work at Disney World?

1 comment:

dubby said...

Oh, my goodness. I'm happy for you.

I think you can blame me (and Pete) for the depth perception thing. Sorry.