Friday, August 28, 2009

All the Goings On

All day long I think of thing after thing to post on here but then I sit down to post and I can't ever think of anything.

I got off work at 10:30 tonight. I took my final assessment and passed so I'm now able to pick up any Merchandise shifts anywhere in any of the parks or resorts on Disney property. Tomorrow I learn how to do photo image editing and learn how to take pictures of the guests and make puzzles and stuff. I'm soooo excited for that! It should be easy to pick up shifts because there's such a huge variety of locations where I can work. I could pick up a shift next Monday, but I'm still not totally comfortable with knowing the system well enough to pick up shifts. Maybe next week. I'm already scheduled for 41 hours next week! Yippee!!

All my free time is spent playing in the parks or sleeping. That's like, all I ever do. It's amazing. Today I went to play in EPCOT with Kelly before my shift started at 2pm. We went this morning so I basically spent like twelve hours in EPCOT.

Other things I'm gonna mention but realistically will never talk about are...

all the little kids I do pin trading with... one little girl started kissing the new chip and dale pin I traded to her yesterday, sooo cute!

how much I freakin' LOVE Disney World

I signed up for a People Management class starting in October and am super excited

I went on Mission Space and almost puked

It rains a lot here

I love free Coke from various countries

I got my new Driver's License in the mail and I hate it cuz it's ugly and the pictures sucks

I still haven't gotten in touch with the window fixer guy (no phone numbers work) and will now be known as "the girl whose window is broken" to the security guards at the front gate

Tuesday night is Papa Johns pizza night because we get 40% off there on Tuesdays (well, that hasn't actually happened yet because we didn't know until too late but maybe next Tuesday)

My roommate just took a picture of what she's eating because she "had all of the food groups" and "wanted to document it." Makes me laugh because I'd probably do the same if I ate cantelope, chicken and green beans in one go. Usually I blend my foods together cuz it's soooo much easier that way. Not those foods though because cantelope is gross.

I can't wait to go beneath Magic Kingdom

I haven't been sunburned yet but my tan has been getting darker! Yay!

There's a shuttle taking off tonight and apparently they built Mission Space so you could stand on one side of it and see the shuttle taking off in the distance and it looks like it's taking off from the building Mission Space (which looks like a planet so it's super cool). But yeah, the launch takes place at 11:59 tonight. Yay!

Pictures will come soon. I'm dying of tired right now but I don't work until noon tomorrow so I thought I'd update. But I'm gonna go now. So bye!

2 comments:

dubby said...

good post

Obliviocelot said...

You know, I used to have that problem too when I first came to Alaska. All day long, I would think, "Ooo, I need to blog that! Ooo, I can't forget to blog that too!" And then I would forget it all. Then I got one of those little notepads that fits in your pocket and a pen and started carrying them around with me. Anytime I thought of something to blog about, I would whip out my notepad at the next opportunity and scribble down something short that would help me remember later when I was writing on my blog. It ended up being handier than I thought, because how many times have you scrambled around for paper and a pen for some reason or other? Maybe that's just me, but I do a lot.