Monday, August 10, 2009

A Real Update... Mostly Disney!

I haven't updated in a while. I think it may actually be a record for me. Wow.

Well, okay, I mean a real update. Nothing's really been going on. Take the word "boring" and multiply it by like, a thousand. That would probably be my life right now.

Except for the fact that I'm moving to Disney next week. :)

We went to Washington DC last Saturday. "We" being my dad and me. We mainly just stayed on the mall and went to the Smithsonian museums. We saw the Castle, the Air and Space Museum, the Museum of Natural History, and the Art Gallery. It was a long day, but fun. Definitely. We didn't get back until after midnight. They were doing work on the metros so it took forever to get into DC. We parked just outside of DC because it's so much cheaper. The museums are all free, but they must get their money from the parking. Blech!

We're looking at going on the Safari thing down near Natural Bridge later this week. There's a Fipplefest on Saturday (go to my mom's blog for that). So life is moving on along pretty nicely. :)

As for Disney I've actually made several posts about that but never really posted them. I think I will start posting them now because obviously that's pretty much my life right now.

We leave next Monday and my check-in day will be next Wednesday. In preparation I think I'm gonna buy a ton of food while I'm still up here in VA because the prices are probably much much much better. Not the food like bread, milk, butter, eggs. More like spaghetti, possibly a box or two of cereal, spaghetti sauce, Ramen, Pasta Roni (no, mom, of course I don't live off of that!), maybe some canned foods or soups. Things like that. Then I'm going to get started packing. I kind of kept my suitcases from Idaho out in middle of the front hall (no one uses that door anyway!) so I'm going to start figuring out the stuff that I won't be using and packing and putting it all in the car. I have to be careful to pack so that I'll be able to have everything for Idaho down there as well.

So yeah, that's the plan for this week.

The power flicked yesterday. I lost internet for a while. But now it's back. Making this whole entire paragraph pointless.

Annnnd, I guess that's it! I'll try and update a bit more. I'm planning on keeping a real detailed update of the day I check in, what I do, and what happens for the few days after. By detailed I mean they'll probably be a series of super duper long posts. I'll keep them mainly for personal record and also in case other people ever want to read my blog on what happens at Disney. I know at least I'm obsessed about it, and I've found a forum online of a bunch of other obsessed people on Disney College Program. So ihey, there are others like me. :)

Kay, for real. That's it.

PS. I think it's funny that I'm ending up tagging this post with both the word "Bored" and "Excited." Haha! Maybe I"ll tag it "funny" as well.

No comments: