Saturday, August 29, 2009

Today At Work...

At work today a very nice man came in who had just been scuba diving in one of our tanks. I chatted with him as I sold him our SCUBA DVD and he went on his way.

He came back just a few minutes later. He asked if there was any way I could get him back up to the SCUBA locker rooms (which were now locked because that was closed) because he left his glasses up there.

I glanced up at the glasses sitting on his head and then back into his eyes.

I asked if it was his goggles that he left in the changing room. "No." he replied, "They're just my glasses. I searched all my bags time after time but I must have just left them up there."

Again, I glanced at the glasses sitting on top of his head hoping he'd follow my eyes that were continually moving up there. I still wasn't sure he had another pair of glasses, and I really couldn't think of any way to let him know they were on his head without making at least one of us feel stupid. Finally (mostly because I truly had no clue how to get him back up to the locker rooms) I asked him if he was looking for the same pair of glasses that were on his head.

He looked confused for a second and then slowly moved his hand up to his head, rolled his eyes... and the rest is history.

And that's how I got my boss to like me. :)

3 comments:

Obliviocelot said...

ROFL! That... is... AWESOME!!!!

Also, my verification word is "fat pies." Just thought I'd mention it.

dubby said...

You have had practice with telling people their lost glasses are on their head, haven't you?

subcali

Diane said...

this made me chuckle.