Saturday, August 15, 2009

Emotional... Sort of...

I won't be updating this for a while because we're leaving tomorrow right after church. But the next time I do update this (probably) will be when I'm in Orlando and will, hopefully, know where I'll be working. I reeeeeally hope it's the Magic Kingdom. We'll see.

In the meantime, as with any big time my life (I have traveled to Europe a few times and been on numerous other vacations and have traveled out to college for the first time 100% alone) I'm getting that mix of ten thousand emotions.

For anyone who knew me when I was 12 you'll know I'm the queen of worrying. I've been worried about whether this isn't going to be all it was cracked up to be, that no one will like me, that something will stop me from making it down there, that the work will be way beyond my ability, that I won't be friendly enough and I'll get kicked out, that I'll somehow hurt myself or get in an accident and be sent home or unable to work, that I'll be put in AK and get next to no hours and not be able to pick up any shifts... and then I realize I'm having Kindergarten worries all over again. Pathetic!

Don't worry, cuz I'm not. I am a little scared but I'm sure I'll get over it. I'm more excited than anything. Excited to be in a new place and see how Disney World has changed since I was little, see new places, experience the magic, know what it's like to work in a place like that, to go to the beach and go swimming, to learn the new area, to live in Florida, to meet new people my age who will be a bit more normal than BYU-I kids, to learn my discounts and go to the parks and most of all have FUN!

I'm also feeling extremely privileged. And lucky I suppose could and should go along with that seeing as how this address does remind you all that I'm the luckiest kid ever! I'm privileged to be a part of the Disney program and lucky enough to have been raised in a place where my parents don't make me feel bad for leaving and they don't hover. Lucky enough to have been blessed with a sense of adventure and a love for trying new things so that I can do this kind of thing. Lucky to have had the past experiences I have had so that I could get this job.

Yep, whether it's lucky, blessed, or privileged I don't know. But whatever it is, it's me!

No comments: