Thursday, August 20, 2009

Amazing Day... And I'm Not Even in the Parks Yet!

Since I finished all my meetings yesterday, I had today off. Meaning nothing to do. I slept in. All the way until 8:15. Yeah. Pathetic.

So I got up but our beds are super noisy so I woke up my roommate as I rolled out of bed, I think. Oh well. I grabbed breakfast and my roommate went to take a shower. Except the hot water wasn't working. Eventually we realized that it's just that the hot and cold waters are mixed up. You have to turn it to cold to make it hot. My old apartment was like this too, so it's not really a big change to me. The lights also took forever to get bright in the bathroom, but it turns out they're special "earth energy" lights that are supposed to do that.

Don't get me wrong, our apartments are SO TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I LOVE where I'm living. While two of my roommates were in a meeting, I went with Natalie to explore the property. We walked by the pool and walked around Mickey's Retreat (which is tons of play area, but only for a group bigger than the two of us), we checked out the weight rooms and the clubhouse and figured out how to get some other places. We learned more and more of our benefits for working here.

We took an inventory of the stuff in our apartment and it turns out we were missing quite a lot (mostly just dishes and kitchen stuff). We took the paper down to the front desk and the lady thanked us so we turned to leave. "Don't you want your stuff?" she asked us. We didn't realize they would give it to us right there, no questions asked. Especially since we were missing so much, we figured they would think we just missed an area of the kitchen. But no, we got it all within a few minutes.

On that sheet we also put the problems within our apartment. Within two hours we had a maintenance man at our door and it was fixed. Incredible service!

Now if only the internet would be a little nicer...

I was going to Walmart to get some stuff I'd forgotten and brought Kelly and some other friends along. That took forever, but I'm glad I have vegetables now!

The pool party was from 6-8pm. Free pizza. I was definitely there! It was Star Wars themed and they had all you can eat pizza, chips, soft drinks, and ice cream! All kinds of Star Wars characters were there and they blasted Star Wars music. It was amazing. Our $100 program fee at work! Now I can say that I've been to a real college party.BYU-Idaho just doesn't count. Haha! :) There's a Twilight movie night next week with popcorn and drinks.

We left after about an hour (after Natalie answered one of the trivia questions and won a free beach ball and we got our pictures with Jedi Mickey and Luke and Leia... I wanted the storm trooper but we couldn't find him again) and went to our own pool in Chatham (the party was in Patterson). We went swimming here because there were less people. I'm not sure we'd have fit in the pool at the party at Patterson. But it was just so cool.

We hung out at the pool for a looooong time. We were alone in the beginning but as the night came it grew more and more popular. After a while of hanging out there we finally left. It's been a pretty relaxing, slightly boring, yet fun day. We keep talking about how tomorrow we'll finally be allowed in the parks and we're all super excited about it. Tomorrow things will probably start getting busy and I may be too busy to blog. Maybe. Hopefully. We shall see. I have both Sunday and Monday off at this point so maybe I can spend those days playing. We'll see. Anyway, I'm super tired, I may even go to bed soon. Hopefully soon I'll make friends and then not be lame enough to go to bed before ten at night! Haha!

1 comment:

Allen said...

Were people passed out in a puddle of their own puke with their pants around their ankles and black Sharpie all over their face? No? Then it wasn't a REAL college party. :D