Saturday, August 22, 2009

Playin' in the Parks!

I got to take my Traditions class yesterday. Afterward, we hurried home and changed clothes (it was professional dress) and went to the Magic Kingdom!

We hadn't really eaten all day so we ate a little in the MK and then rode a few rides (Thunder Mountain RR, Pirates of the Caribbean, Tiki Room-not really a ride, and the Haunted Mansion were just some of them) and watched the fireworks show which was so totally AMAZING! As we left the parade was beginning, but we didn't stay because two of us had to be awake really early this morning for training.

On the way out I had my bus schedule in hand as we went back to where the buses dropped us off. It takes a long time to get in the parks because the buses drop us off but we still have to ride the tram. Actually, on the way in we had to ask a guest for directions because we couldn't find the trams... needless to say we didn't tell him we worked there. Anyway, as we left I had my map out and we were searching for our bus. Then one of the worker men called me over. He leaned in close to my ear and said quietly, "You a cast member?" Worried I was in trouble I slowly nodded and folded up my map. But of course, no worries. He pretty much could tell I was brand new and had no clue where the bus was. He pointed to a small group of people in the middle of the parking lot and told me that that was where I needed to be if I wanted to go home tonight. I told my friends who were with me and we all went out there. I don't know what we'd have done if he didn't notice my map and the fact that we were all hopelessly lost.

This morning I got up bright and early and had to be at EPCOT by 8am. It's about an hour to get there by bus so I was out by 7. Part of the training was classroom, but the majority was out into the parks. We got a full tour of EPCOT. We even went on the Spaceship Earth ride in the giant golf ball!

We also went on a boat tour in the lagoon as we learned more about the park. So much fun!

Oh, and I got my costume today. I'll actually have three that I'll switch around. Part of my work area will be the "Living Seas" (that's for Dad!) but it's now something like "Nemo and Friends Sea Adventures" or something. Eh. Whatever. I had to go buy new shoes AND socks (I needed black socks). That was lame, but hey, I'm prepared!

Now I'm waiting for my friend to get off work so we can go to the parks. As tired as I am (I got like 5 hours of sleep last night) I really want to go play still. We're planning on going to Hollywood Studios today because Kelly wanted to ride the Tower of Terror. I can't wait to ride "Test Track" in EPCOT because it's supposed to be the fastest ride at the whole resort.

Anyway, I'm gonna go clean a bit now.

2 comments:

Allen said...

THAT'S AWESOME!!!1!!1!!!

Obliviocelot said...

You're so freaking lucky!