Monday, March 15, 2010

FHE Fire!

We had an awesome activity for FHE tonight. Kudos to whoever's idea it was. It was one of our sisters in another apartment.

Anyway, you start with several copies of The Scroll (school newspaper). And a few cigarette lighters. Catch the scroll on fire. Eat a mouthful of powdered sugar....



And then blow as hard as you can directly at the fire. It looks awesome in real life.



It's super hard to capture good pictures. I didn't take any, these were all taken by our FHE bros and I just stole them off of facebook.



Unfortunately, they didn't get a very good one of me. I did it three times. You have to blow quickly before your saliva and spit make the sugar too wet. I think I kind of spat it one of the times. Lame. This time actually looked cool, but they caught the picture just after the "explosion."



We even had people looking out their windows from other apartments to watch us. So cool. This is definitely something I'm gonna keep in mind for fun ways to hurt myself in the future!

1 comment:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

Did you ever stop and ask yourself WHY the common metaphor used to describe something stupid and dangerous is called "playing with fire"?

You can get the same effect by sneezing onto a lighter after taking a big mouthful of gin. Inhaling the powdered sugar, even unburned, probably isn't good for you, either. Oh, well, kids are kids.

You might enjoy the experience I had one time while helping a friend dismantle a ham radio tower. Check out:
http://cob.jmu.edu/fordham/tower1.htm