Thursday, March 4, 2010

Identicals

My roommate's identical twin is in town this weekend. I was shown pictures before and I was well prepared to tell them apart. I saw them. I truly can tell them apart... it takes me a second, but I can do it. I mostly do it by facial expression (if it looks familiar it's Alexis, if not it's Ashley) but I'm slowly noticing other differences.

BUT their voices and mannerisms and just the way they talk is so identical it's stinkin' hilarious! They came in our room just now and I was just listening to them talk to each other. I swear it was exactly as though it was only Alexis just talking to herself. I had no idea which one was talking because their voices are exactly the same and they talk the same way with the same phrases and everything.

I had to work to keep from laughing.

Alexis has a yellow coat. Ashley has a blue one. This I know.

I also know that they have a lot of fun trying to confuse people as twins.

One of them came in in the blue coat just now and for a second I seriously thought it was Alexis wearing Ashley's coat to confuse me. I had to just stare at her for a second to figure it out... probably creeped her out. It was Ashley. I figured it out when she gave me the weird look. It's easier to compare them side by side, okay?

This is gonna be a fun weekend, I've never roomed with identical twins before...

2 comments:

Allen said...

What's the deal with parents naming identical twins with names beginning with the same first letter? You don't think it'll be confusing enough with them looking, sounding and dressing the same?

Ugh.

I had two identical twin roommates at college named Adam and Aaron. I know what's up.

dubby said...

Or they rhyme. We had identical twins named Terri and Sherri both dating guys named Jerry.

Is one left-handed?