Thursday, March 4, 2010

Study Tips 101

I had an art quiz in my Humanities class today. I started studying for it yesterday. For the record, normally I'm not a procrastinator but... well I don't really have an excuse except I've been feeling particularly lazy lately.

So yesterday I was standing outside one of my other classes with my little flashcards out trying to memorize art/artist/location (I had gotten there early) when a guy friend from my class came up and asked what I was doing. When I explained it was for a quiz in a different class he immediately took it upon himself to teach me art and good ways to memorize each piece.

I had hardly even looked at the art pieces when he first came up (only enough to make them into flash cards but that was it) but by the time our class started fifteen minutes later I had memorized every single detail of every single art piece we went over as well as every single detail of our conversation, every word he said to me. And then I replayed it in my head throughout class. Some call it having my head in the clouds... I call it studying smart!

It really helps to have an awesome, fun, cute guy help you study. I got a 46/45 on the quiz today (the teacher provided an extra credit point for knowing where the Spiral Jetty by Smithson was located).